Our sample programme for a short group trip to Barcelona. Of course, we will completely customize this programme to your requirements!
- All tours, transfers, meals and activities as described below
- Modern, air-conditioned bus
- Accommodation in a 3*** star hotel with buffet breakfast
- Local 24h assistance and emergency phone number
- Map of Barcelona for every traveller
- One of our great experienced and fun guides in your preferred language
You will stay in a nice three star hotel in a quiet and safe area of central Barcelona. Although we cannot guarantee one specific hotel at all times, rest assured that the hotel will always be similar in terms of quality and location to Hotel Astoria. An excellent buffet breakfast will be your start into our activity packed days. The group will always be picked up and dropped off directly at the hotel.
Based on a group of 20 persons, the price of the programme will be per person in a twin or double room will be from: 220 €
The whole programme can be 100% customized to your requirements, your budget and your flight schedule. We can also adapt the room types if you prefer single or family rooms.
Print & Download Programme
After a “Meet and Greet“ at the airport with our guide, you will drive in a modern and comfortable bus to your hotel in Barcelona. Check-in and refresh
before we will start our first tour. Since you already travelled a lot this day we will go for a relaxed sightseeing tour, mainly staying on t
During a comfortable two hour introductory excursion you will get a first impression of the amazing charm of Barcelona. Afterwards you will be rewarded with a delicious welcome dinner in a typical Spanish restaurant, consisting of a three course meal including wine, water and coffee. Satisfied with the meal the bus will drive you back to the hotel. Enjoy the first night in Barcelona with some free time to explore the famous nightlife or just take a “cerveza“ in one of the countless bars.
The day begins with a buffet breakfast in your hotel. Afterwards our guide and bus will pick you up for a full day excursion to the highlights of
Barcelona. The awe-inspiring architecture of Antoni Gaudi will be our starting point.
Admire the UNESCO heritage buildings of Casa Mila and Casa Batllo in the picturesque Eixample quarter before we will approach Barcelona’s most famous landmark, the cathedral of Sagrada Familia: this still unfinished gem of modernism architecture was begun in 1882 and the final completion is planned for 2026, the 100th anniversary of the death of Antoní Gaudí.
We will continue to the upper city and the slopes of the Sierra de Collserola mountain range to reach Parc Güell. Your guide will take you for a short walk through this fairy-tale garden with its beautiful mosaics and amazing views up to the Mediterranean Sea. Take a short break on its terrace for a picture on the famous curved benches. After this refreshing break we will continue with the bus to the Olympic facilities on Montjuic.
This mountain between the historic centre and the port has already been part of sports history for decades as Barcelona’s old formula 1 track. For the 1992
Olympic Games it has been reformed as the central venue and 80% of the competitions took place over here. We will visit the beautiful plaza and the Olympic stadium before reaching the castle on the top of the mountain with its 360 degree views of Barcelona and its shoreline. Making our way down from Montjuic our next stop will be the ancient heart of Barcelona. Step deep into history and explore the foundations of Barcelona as a Roman colony 2000 years ago. Our guide will tell you the rise and fall of the ruling empires over the centuries on a walking tour from world-famous las Ramblas through the narrow lanes of the Gothic quarter. On the way to Barcelona’s greatest medieval icon, the cathedral of La Seu you will also explore the indoors of the Roman Augustus’ Temple, the palatine chapel of Santa Àgata and the cloister of the cathedral.
Now you will hop on your bus again to pass the old port and the former fishermen’s district of Barceloneta to reach the lively beach promenade. We will then enter modern Barcelona with the Olympic Port and the futuristic Forum area. On our way back to the hotel the tour will finish with the oddly shaped Torre Agbar, the icon of modern Barcelona in the new business district. After this extensive tour get some rest in the hotel or take a look at Barcelona’s extensive shopping opportunities along fashionable Passeig de Gracia or discover hidden boutiques in the Born district.
Like the day before, enjoy the breakfast buffet in the hotel. Afterwards you have got some time to pack your suitcases before we will leave to visit the mystical mountain of Montserrat, Catatonia’s most sacred place. It is a one-hour ride on the bus from Barcelona. But right after leaving the city you will already see the impressive silhouette of Montserrat, the serrated mountain, on the horizon. The highest peaks of this massive, weirdly shaped rock reach 1200 metres (4000 feet) and our bus will take us close to the Benedictine monastery at an altitude of 750 metres. With your guide you will go on a short walk to the basilica and get a one-to-one encounter with La Moreneta – the holy Black Madonna.
Afterwards, we will take a look into the Basilica, which is home of the oldest boys’ choir in Europe. For those who want to go a bit further, we will have some free time for a short hike to one of the chapels spread all over the mountain or for a ride with the cable car to the top for awesome views from the Mediterranean Sea to the Pyrenees. On the decent with the bus to Barcelona in the early afternoon, our guide will give you some ideas on where to spend some free time in the city. According to the departure of your flight we will pick you up from the hotel. With a lot of impressions you will make your way home, hopefully already thinking when you will return to our beautiful city.
Optionally, we are happy to include the following activities into your programme:
- The inside of Sagrada Familia with VIP-Entrance: Explore Gaudi’s masterpiece with your own guide and no queuing – 19€ per person
- FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou stadium & museum: Europe’s largest stadium will be yours from the player’s changing rooms to the pitch. Feel like Lionel Messi when you hold the champions league trophy in the Barca museum – 25€ per person
- Poble Espanol, the Spanish village: since the 1929 world exhibition, this open air museum shows you the diversity of Spain in one place. Wander through the cobble-stones streets lined by white-washed Andalusian houses and enjoy Spanish architecture, cuisine, handicraft workshops and artists – 9€ per person
- Andalusian Flamenco show: Experience the fantastic spectacle in a typical palace in the centre of Barcelona. Having its roots in Andalucia in the south of Spain, Flamenco nowadays is popular throughout the whole country. Combine it with a Paella Menu and the typical drink of Sangria while sitting at a table on the ground floor next to the stage. – 45€ per person for the basic show or 60€ for the longer show including a delicious Paella menu.
- Lunch in a typical Spanish restaurant – from 15€ per person
- Choice of freshly prepared lunch boxes including salad, sandwich and drink for a lunch break during your tour – 15€ per person